Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pumpkin Carving Time!

After pumpkin pancakes it was time for some carving fun. We usually carve a few pumpkins but we had our pumpkins stolen a few days ago so we just did one this year. Yes, remember that big pumpkin my dad brought us and I blogged about it last week? I think the big pumpkin attracted the pumpkin thiefs. :( We still had fun doing one though. Daddy found his design on the internet and stenciled it in. Alivia had fun digging through the pulp and didn't mind touching it at all. We baked our seeds as well and Alivia LOVED them. Great job Daddy! :)

Digging the pulp out...

Thought it was cool that the lid fit like a puzzle...

Still digging...

Making her pile full of pulp...

Daddy designing diligently..

Color break time while Daddy was finishing. I thought I would let her use markers for the first time at home. She has used markers at Janet's house, at my school and at grandma and papa's house but not at our house yet. lol! She kept saying "markers mommy, markers!" So I got one out and she did fabulous. I was also really impressed with how well she held the marker....what a great grip she has! I know, I know, speaking like a kindergarten teacher! :)

Our cute jack-o-lantern....

No comments:

Post a Comment