Saturday, September 18, 2010

Best Saturday Ever!

Today we had a family day at Fall Fun Fest. For me, Fall Fun Fest brings back so many great memories. It seems like just yesterday I was dancing in the parade with my hands taped with duck tape flipping down 7 hi-way! ha, ha!!! Maybe that will be Alivia someday??? We had a great time today and the petting zoo was a blast! Our afternoon was great too. Before nap time Alivia went into the bathroom and said "potty!!" and started taking her pants down. So....I quickly took her diaper off and sat her on the toilet. I was completely shocked when she actually peed!! I was so happy I almost cried. This is not something we had been working on at all. She knows the words potty and etc...but wanted her to decide when the time was right for her. Of course, I was jumping up and down like a complete dork and we ran into the kitchen to tell Ben. It was such a great moment. Whether or not this was just a one time thing for now or not it was pretty exciting. I guess I will go buy a potty chair now just in case she really is ready! Also, I am not a nap person at all and actually I can't remember the last time I took a nap but this afternoon I decided to treat myself to a nap and do homework tomorrow since Ben was doing homework today. Alivia and I both slept for 3 1/2 hours! It felt great! To top that off I woke up to Ben fixing a steak dinner! What a great day! Enjoy the pics!

Carnival rides are so fast! I seriously almost puked on this one!

Carousel time with Daddy! Yet, another fast carousel!

LOVES walking around on Daddy's shoulders!

Our first stop at the petting zoo. It was so awesome!

This adorable pig came oinking at Alivia! It was too funny!

Monkey...Alivia's favorite animal!

Feeding the goats

Alivia said, "baa...baa..."

Llama time!

She wanted to pet the turtle but that made me a little nervous.

Alivia said, "Cow, Moo!!"

Alivia played the duck pond game and won this pink pig. She had to have it watch t.v. with her!!

1 comment:

  1. We were at the FFF parade today! Morgan loved it! I wish we would have stayed for the rides, but we were all hot tired and hungry by noon. Looks like Alivia had fun!

    ReplyDelete