Sunday, March 14, 2010

Decorating the Playroom

Well this entire week off of Spring Break I have been pondering the fact that we definitely need a play room. Poor Ben has been listening to me complain about this for a while so yesterday we decided to clean our guest bedroom out and make it a playroom. I had been kind of searching on-line for playroom ideas and I would forward them onto Ben at work. Like I said, I am sure he was quite annoyed with me but was such a good sport. The bad thing is when I get my mind set on a project and I start to work on it there is no turning back. So....after we cleaned everything out yesterday and decided we wanted to do blue, green and brown colors Alivia and I went to Target to search for shelves, cubbies, lamps, rugs and etc. Ben put together shelves for me yesterday and I organized toys in the bins. Today we went and got paint and began the painting process. I am terrible at picking out paint so cross your fingers that this color works!! Here is day 1 and 2 of our project! Thanks Daddy (Ben) for being such a good sport and a great painter! We LOVE YOU! :)

Putting all of the toys in the middle of the room so Daddy can paint. Alivia helped too!

Daddy just got done taping the walls.

Starting to paint! The color looks good. I hope it looks good in the light tomorrow after it dries! :)
Ben thought it was funny to paint a tree himself! I got a big tree decal that we are going to put right there. It is dark brown with green and blue leaves. I am pretty excited about it! I first got the decal ideas from my teacher friend Jodi and then my good friend Jenn reminded me again of it the other day! Thanks guys for helping me out with my decorating skills...boy do I need it! :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those decals! I love the colors and the cubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it feel good to have a spot for all the toys besides all over the house!! Enjoy your new toyroom Alivia:)

    ReplyDelete