Saturday, July 3, 2010

And the tantrums continue....

We have had quite the week of tantrums since we came back from Las Vegas. Friday night we tried to go out to dinner and ended up getting all of our food to go at Applebees once the food was delivered to our table. lol! This morning nothing seemed to satisfy Alivia. I always feel terrible having to put her in timeout but we definitely have to do something when she is hitting or deliberately NOT listening. This morning I even cried a little while she was in timeout because she kept raising her hands up at me saying, "ma, ma, ,ma, ma!" It just broke my heart. I know this is just a stage that will probably last for a while but I just hope we aren't starting timeout too early with her. I am just not sure what else to do when she needs to know that what she is doing is wrong. After Alivia gets out of timeout (1 min and a half) we always have her sign "sorry" and give us a hug. She does a pretty good job at that. Alivia, we LOVE you just the same. You are just one smart cookie!! :)

Ma, ma, ma, ma!

After timeout Ben decided to get out the babybjorn and walk her around outside. We haven't used this since she was a little baby. This definitely was a cure but then she got upset because she had to come back inside. lol!! Daddy was just trying to relieve mommy for a while. he, he!

2 comments:

  1. Whitney, I know that it is so hard to put her in timeout. I think that you will appreciate (and so will she) in the long run. I promise that you are doing the right thing. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete