Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"I do it myself" STAGE...

We have been in the "do it myself" myself stage for a while but it is definitely worse since Alivia turned 2. Ben took his new job in December so he leaves extra early in the morning. Our mornings are definitely different without Daddy. Ben used to get Alivia ready and give her breakfast. I don't think Mommy does it just like Daddy did. :( Alivia insists on putting her clothes on all by herself every morning. She actually CAN do it by herself but of course it takes a while and she WILL NOT let me help her at all. Needless to say this has been a fight every morning. I have tried letting her pick her clothes out the night before and also had her do one part of the clothing and then sharing with me to do the other part but NO, she wants to do it all alone! ha! It makes me feel bad because I end up holding her down on her bed to get her clothes on while she is kicking and screaming. What a way to start the morning, right? I know this is just a stage but I am hoping it gets better soon. Here is Alivia tonight when we got home who wanted to change her pants by herself...

Frustrated because she keeps putting 2 legs in one hole but wouldn't let me help her...

Got her underwear on and now her pants are on....

Pulling them up!

She said, "See Mommy, I do it all by myself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment