Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Potty Training Update...

Ok, so I lied about following the plan exactly like it says. I decided to put a pull-up on her at night time even though the book says not to. I am sure because of this it will take longer but I am willing to do that. I just couldn't help but put a pull-up on her in case she was sitting in pee all night. I figured I would see how she does with the pull-up and then take it away if she is dry. I know, I know, this isn't what I am supposed to do but we are going to try it and hopefully she doesn't get confused. Yesterday, was a very successful Day 2. We started a sticker chart and every time she goes potty she gets to put a Dora sticker up on the refrigerator and she gets 2 skittles. She gets pretty excited about it. I told her once she got 5 stickers then she could have a ring pop!! So, she got 5 stickers yesterday for going pee and poop!! She had one accident before lunch time but she was dry when she woke up from her nap. I was super worried that she had peed since she slept for 3 hours but it was dry!!! This morning was a little bit of a different story. She woke up really early for her, which was 6:45. She normally gets up at 7:30-8:00. She went the entire morning without going to the bathroom. She doesn't like "trying" to go and the book actually tells you not to do that but she waits until the very last minute and then runs!! lol!! Anyway, at 11:00 I started to worry since she hadn't gone to the bathroom yet. I just didn't think it was good for her to hold her pee. She kept holding herself and saying she had to go but then wouldn't go and got very angry when I would guide her to the bathroom. Ok, so 11:15 came and she had a very firm poop but she DID poop in the potty. I was so proud of her because it was very hard for her. SO, she got a ring pop! Here she is so excited. I think she had held her pee so long this morning because she had to poop. She is asleep now so we will see how she does!! I am so glad I can be home with her during this time so I don't miss anything. Although, I will have to admit that Mommy is quite tired since I am watching every move that she makes and not getting anything done!! It is definitely worth it though!!!!

My little cutie!

2 comments: